Second Season Coming Soon!
Watch the trailers here:
And take a look of the four new planes in this image: Astra. Todd, Flip and Chase! (from upper left, clockwise)
Welcome to the Super Wings Wiki
This is the wiki for characters and episodes of the TV show called Super Wings. You are very welcome to land and take a stroll in the airport!
Super Wings is a computer-animated TV educative cartoon show co-produced by CBS of South Corea, Alpha group of China, Kika of Germany and Little Airplane Productions of United States of America.
It takes place in a world that resemble ours but with the difference that all the vehicles, from cars to airplanes, from ships to trucks, have eyes and a mouth, are sentient and can talk. The typical plot of the episodes starts in an airport, situated on an unnamed island in the Pacific Ocean, where a small airplane named Jett and several other planes and vehicles live. The chief of the airport is Jimbo, the only human present in the airport. In every episode minus one Jett has to deliver a package to a children who lives in a specific country of planet Earth, so children who watch the show can learn about foreign cultures and languages, with Jimbo always telling Jett one or two words in the language spoken in the country the little plane is about to travel to.
After the package has been delivered, however, a problem arises prompting Jett to call Jimbo via his wrist communicator and ask for help from his friends Super Wings. Jimbo then choose the Super Wing which he deems is more fitted to solve the situation. After the Super Wing has solved everything and everyone is happy, the two airplanes take off and leave, as the other characters salute them.
- Jett: a small red and white airplane that likes to travel around the world and always looks forward to the place he will visit next. His work consists in delivering packages to children all around the world. The packages contain one or more items needed by the children to accomplish an activity they are trying to do or to fullfill a dream of theirs. Some of the children know his name before the delivery takes place but most of them are often very surprised when they see him for the first time. His simbol is a stylised plane wing.
- Jimbo: the only human being working at the airport and the director and main traffic controller of it. At the start at every episode he calls Jett from the airport loudspeaker to the airport control room in order to brief him about his delivery. His informations always involve the name of the kid who requested the delivery and the name and location of the country he or she lives in, as well as the name of the language that is spoken there. He usually describes the landscape, the monuments and, possibly, the animals who lives there. Shortly before Jett leaves, he suggests him one or two word in the foreign language spoken in the country the episode focuses on.
- Donnie: a yellow Canadair airplane but with a funnier look if compared to actual Canadair planes, having shorter wings and smaller propellers. He is skilled at building a great variety of things, as well repairing damaged or destroyed objects. Of all the Super Wings he is the one who helps Jett the most. Jimbo knows that Donnie is the best choiche when his tool kit can save the situation. He is the only Super Wings who always lands badly, bumping into various objects and/or crushing to the ground but always getting up completely unscathed. His simbol is a stylised wrench.
- Dizzy: a pink and white female rescue helicopter with heart shapes on her. She has a lot of tools at her disposal, like an inflatable rescue bag, rescue ropes, baloons, a rescue board and others. Jimbo usually sends her in Jett's aid when it id needed to rescue or transport people or carry a valuable object to a certain destination. Her simbol is a stylised heart.
- Jerome: a blue war jet plane, with yellow lightnings as decorations on him who likes to race with Jett and to perform. He is very versed in exibitions of various kind, spanning from dance to stunt fly to circus show. He is also very confident in his capabilities and states he is very good-looking and he has a great smile. Artistic skills aside, he is also the fastest of the Super Wings and has a very sharp eyesight. In the episode "Booyinni's Bath", he goes in Jett's place to deliver the package to see himself what Jett's work is like. His simbol is a stylised lighting.
- Paul: a police airplane with the characteristic colours of a police vehicle. He keeps order in the airport and sometimes directs airport traffic. He always intervenes when something in the airport is wrong. He is very skilled at finding and following clues and thus Jimbo sends him in Jett's aid when such capibilities are required to solve the problem. His simbol is a star.
- Grand Albert: an old orange biplane with checkers decorations who always wears a WWI pilot cap and sports a big pair of white mustache. Despite being old he is young at heart and has made many experiences in his long life. He does not use technological tools to help Jett, but instead relies on his knowledge, charisma and a trunk full of a great number of objects and stuff collected by him during his many adventures, which he appropriately calls "Trunk of Times Past". His simbol is a stylised propeller.
- Bello: a safari zebra-painted airplane. He knows everything about animals, included their behaviour and even their languages. He likes to play with his friends Super Wings. Jimbo chooses him when there is need to solve animal-related problems, for example retrieve an object stolen by an animal.
- Mira: a green and white completely submergible airplane, who loves water very much. Her shape vaguely resembles that of a submarine. Jimbo chooses her when there is need to travel under or by water, to dive to great depth in order to retrieve objects or to deal with underwater creatures to solve the problem that arose. Her symbol is a four side fan.
- Roy: a luggage tug that is always in a hurry and busy delivering suitcases and bags to the passengers around the airport. He would like very much to fly and dreams to become an actual train when he will grow up. In the episode "Santorini Choo Choo" he leaves the airport for the first time.
- Big Wing: a huge jumbo passenger plane, friendly and pacific. He is very heavy and so strong that he can win a game of tug of war alone against Dizzy, Donnie, Jerome and Jett. Despite his size, he is afraid of hamsters. In the episode "Flight Fans" he leaves the airport for the first time together with Jimbo, and actually covers the role of Super Wing helper in that occasion.